This is one of my favorite epic mountain bike rides. Hours of suffering at high elevation with some of the best scenery in the world. This is why we ride.
I started the ride at Over the Edge Sports in South Lake tahoe, climbed up Van Sickle trail, hit the Tahoe Rim Trail all the way to Star Lake. From there I descended the Star Lake Trail and then hit Cold Creek and Powerline to finish the big loop.
- I started and finished at Over the Edge Sports in South Lake Tahoe.
- I messed up my Strava recording during the ride, but the Strava route claims 24.5 miles with 3,892 feet of elevation gain.
- The Strava Route
- You can probably hit this on a hardtail.
- This is an epic ride that will require lots of food and water, be prepared.
- You can start your ride at Van Sickle Bi-State Park.
- There are bathrooms and water in the Van Sickle parking lot.
- I did this ride in early July and several stream crossings were gushing with water. Filter your water if you need it. Star Lake is also an opportunity to grab water to filter.