Mountain biking the Tahoe Rim Trail between the Spooner Summit to Van Sickle is one of the best rides in the world.
I shuttled this ride for $10 thanks to Over The Edge Sports in South Lake Tahoe. That is a hell of a deal for such an amazing ride.
- The ride was about 23 miles and 3,576 feet of climbing over 3 hours and 15 minutes of moving time
- The route on Strava (mine messed up)
- The route is available on Trailforks, so download the app for offline mapping. There are a couple confusing intersections along the way.
- This is a pretty buff singletrack trail with some rocky features. A hardtail would work, but I haven’t ridden one in years.
- There are bathrooms at the trailhead.
- Bring plenty of water, I drank all 3 liters.
- The shuttle from Over The Edge Sports in South Lake Tahoe was $10.
- Over the Edge sports is fully stocked with demo bikes and gear.