This was one of the most beautiful rides I’ve ever done, but it suffered from being the next ride after my favorite ride of all time on ATCA. It was a good ride, but it was much too flat for my taste and you spend a lot of miles wondering when the ride will get interesting again.
If I did my trip over again I would ride this trail on the first day.
- My ride was 23.4 miles long with 1,604 feet of elevation gain over 2 hours and 48 minutes
- Here’s my GPX file with the wrong turn edited out
- Here’s my ride on Strava
- Ride info on MTBproject
- I parked here and paid the $5 day-use fee.
- There are bathrooms at the trailhead but I did not see water. The lake is available if you need to filter water.
- I relied on Trailforks to navigate during my ride but still made a couple wrong turns near the end.
- I brought 3 liters of water and did not use it all.