This was the ride that brought me to Outerbike Whistler 2016. Comfortably Numb was one of the toughest and most rewarding rides I’ve ever done.
- I did the loop in 4.5 hours with several stops.
- The ride was 22.5 miles with about 2,900 feet of climbing.
- My Strava track
- Trailforks information
- I rode the 2016 Rocky Mountain Bikes Thunderbolt BC Edition and it was an amazing machine for taking on this trail.
- I brought 130 ounces of water on an 85 degree day and drank about 100 ounces.
- I rode the trail in early June and there were two spots early in the ride with rushing, flowing creeks that could have been filtered for water.
- I brought four packs of Pink Lemonade Honey Stingers and ate all of them.
- I navigated by using the offline map in the Trailforks app, which was absolutely fantastic the whole way through. I can’t recommend it enough.
- Once you leave the Whistler Village there are no services along the way. Didn’t even see a bathroom, but there may be one.
This trail is an IMBA Epic and it lived up to that billing. I took on the trail North to South, but it looks like this would be a pretty fun ride South to North as well.