This is THE ride to do in Oakridge, Oregon. Probably my favorite ride of all time. It took me 5 hours with a wrong turn included. I’ve never done a ride that aligns so perfectly with my mantra of “Pain & Pleasure”.
I took the 10am Cog Wild shuttle (4 person minimum) from the Willamette Mercantile to the Alpine trail, then hit Tire Mountain, Cloverpatch and back to Alpine.
- I took a 5 mile wrong turn during this ride, but the stats below don’t include that detour.
- The ride was 31.8 miles long with 4,423 feet of elevation gain.
- My ride time WITH the wrong turn was 5 hours 30 minutes.
- Here’s my GPX file with the wrong turn edited out
- Here’s my ride on Strava
- Ride info on MTBproject
- I caught the shuttle to the top of Alpine trail from Cog Wild at the Willamette Mercantile in Oakridge (minimum 4 people to run the shuttle).
- I relied heavily on Trailforks during my ride but still made wrong turns.
- I brought 3 liters of water and ran out before I met back up with Alpine.
- There is a water fountain and bathrooms at the end of the ride.