There are so many ways to mountain bike the Tahoe Rim Trail, and this was a route I’ve never done and had a good time riding.
- The ride was 22.5 miles long with 2,605 feet of elevation gain.
- The total ride was 4 hours, with 3 hours and 10 minutes spent moving.
- Here’s my GPX file
- Here’s my ride on Strava
- I caught the shuttle to Luther Pass from Over The Edge Sports in South Lake Tahoe.
- The shorter option would be to have a friend shuttle you to Luther Pass and then park here on Fountain Place Road.
- There are a couple of creek crossings along the way where you can filter water. I brought 2.5 liters and ran out with 3 miles to go.
- The initial climb is killer, don’t lose faith.